This online course explains what bioprotection products are and how they work in the field. It draws on CABI’s extensive experience in developing scientifically sound biological control solutions to control crop pests and diseases.
What you will learn:
- What bioprotection products are and how they work
- Using bioprotection products to monitor pest insects
- Safety information and interpreting product labels
- Access to bioprotection products
- How to transport and store bioprotection products
- Making the most of bioprotection products
- Application and interpretation of results
- Module 1: Preparing to buy bioprotection products
- Module 2: Choosing and accessing bioprotection products
- Module 3: Using bioprotection products and interpreting results
- Accessible: Access the materials online or download via our platform’s mobile app for use offline
- Flexible: Use the materials for step-by-step self-study or for “dipping in” to support a specific teaching or learning need
- Certification: Successful completion of a certification assessment brings a CABI Academy certificate
- Available in English, Spanish, French, Arabic and Bengali
Who is it for?
- Agricultural extension workers
- Teachers and trainers in agricultural institutions and the workplace
- Plant health and agriculture students
This course may also be of interest to anyone who wants to learn more about using and applying bioprotection products.
Anyone may access the Introduction to Bioprotection Products course for free. Register with the CABI Academy to access all the course modules.
How it works
- Create a CABI Academy account
- Login to your account
- Go directly to the course. You will be able to access all the modules
- For help on how to use CABI Academy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What you'll need
- A smartphone, tablet or computer
- A stable internet connection to use the course online or enough internet to download the Moodle Mobile App to use the course offline
The course is available via the Website and Moodle App via Google Play or iOS.
Please note the course will work best when accessed from up-to-date web browsers or when using the Moodle Mobile app (free for iOS iPhone/iPad or Android devices).
Why CABI created the Introduction to Bioprotection Products Course
CABI designed the Introduction to Bioprotection Products Course to support teachers, trainers and practitioners in agricultural education institutions and the workplace. They provide interactive exercises and resources to help participants learn about scientifically sound biological control solutions to control crop pests and diseases.
The materials work equally well for self-study, as they provide all the information and context required.
We believe that digital media can complement other traditional forms of training to deliver high-quality, more accessible, self-paced and adaptive learning that will help learners acquire and implement skills to make them more productive.